Dental Implants services offered in Linden, NJ
At APS Dental Center in Linden, New Jersey, we take great pride in offering top-tier dental implant services to our patients. Choosing dental implants is a significant decision, and we believe that our practice stands out for several reasons. Dr. Charanjit Sandhu DDS, a skilled and experienced dentist, leads our team, ensuring that you receive the highest level of care and expertise. Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the latest technology, ensuring precision and comfort throughout your implant journey. We prioritize your comfort and well-being, providing personalized treatment plans tailored to your unique needs. Whether you’re looking to replace a single tooth or require a full-mouth restoration, APS Dental Center is your trusted partner for dental implants, offering lasting solutions that restore your smile’s functionality and natural beauty. Your journey to a healthier, happier smile begins here.
Dental implants Q & A
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants - what is the process ?
1. Initial Consultation: Your dental implant journey begins with a comprehensive consultation with Dr. Charanjit Sandhu DDS. During this visit, we assess your oral health, discuss your goals, and answer any questions you may have. This is also an opportunity to review your medical history to ensure you are a suitable candidate for dental implants.
2. Treatment Planning: Once we determine that dental implants are the right solution for you, we create a personalized treatment plan. This plan outlines the number of implants needed, the type of restoration (crown, bridge, or denture), and the overall timeline for your procedure.
3. Implant Placement: The next step involves the surgical placement of the titanium implant posts into your jawbone. This procedure is done under local anesthesia to ensure your comfort. Over several months, the implants naturally fuse with your bone through a process called osseointegration, creating a stable foundation.
4. Healing and Recovery: While your implants are integrating with the bone, you'll need time to heal. We provide post-operative care instructions to minimize discomfort and promote proper healing.
5. Abutment Placement: After your implants have fully integrated, we attach abutments to the implant posts. These abutments act as connectors between the implants and your dental restorations.
6. Custom Restoration: We create a custom dental crown, bridge, or denture that is precisely designed to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth. This restoration is securely attached to the abutments, completing your smile.
7. Follow-Up Care: Regular follow-up appointments are essential to monitor your implant's stability and ensure the long-term success of your new smile. We provide guidance on proper oral hygiene and maintenance to keep your implants in optimal condition.
At APS Dental Center, our commitment is to make your dental implant experience as seamless and comfortable as possible, helping you regain your smile's beauty and function with confidence.
Are dental implants safe?
When are dental implants a good solution to replace missing teeth?
1. Single Tooth Replacement: When a patient has a single missing tooth, dental implants offer a durable and natural-looking solution. They don't require altering adjacent healthy teeth, as is the case with traditional bridges, making them an ideal choice for maintaining overall dental health.
2. Multiple Teeth Replacement: Dental implants can also effectively replace several missing teeth. Whether you have a few adjacent gaps or scattered missing teeth, implant-supported bridges or partial dentures can restore your smile's functionality and appearance.
3. Full-Arch Restoration: For patients missing all their teeth in either the upper or lower arch, implant-supported dentures provide a stable and comfortable alternative to traditional removable dentures. They eliminate the issues of slipping and discomfort associated with traditional dentures.
4. Enhanced Denture Stability: Patients with removable dentures who struggle with stability and speech issues often benefit from implant-retained dentures. A few strategically placed implants can anchor the denture securely in place, improving comfort and confidence.
5. Preserving Jawbone Health: Dental implants also play a crucial role in preserving jawbone health. When a tooth is lost, the underlying bone can deteriorate over time. Implants stimulate the bone, preventing resorption and maintaining facial structure.
6. Long-Term Solution: Dental implants are designed to be a permanent solution. With proper care and maintenance, they can last a lifetime, offering a cost-effective option in the long run.
At APS Dental Center, Dr. Charanjit Sandhu DDS and our dedicated team assess each patient's unique situation to determine if dental implants are the right solution. We believe in providing personalized care to help our patients regain their smiles, oral function, and confidence.